Data and Information Management and Protection (DIMP)
Good record and information management is extremely necessary as it fosters effective business operations and improves efficiency and transparency. The outreach of public sector organisations, in terms of the services they offer, is vast and extends across the public.
With this wide scope of operations and service offering, the amount of information collected, stored and used from time to time is huge, and thus, the need for efficient and thorough record maintenance becomes a mandate.
- Complete information and knowledge of principles and theories as well as best practices of record and information management.
- Necessary awareness, preparedness, and abilities to predict potential threats and devise strategies and steps to protect against these.
- Adequate skill and capabilities to efficiently manage and maintain records and information.
- Confidence and ability to drive change from traditional to modern record and information management systems and implement electronic record and information management systems.
- Required skills and knowledge to work with technologies involved in electronic data maintenance.
- Adequate competency, understanding, and confidence to successfully undertake more roles and responsibilities as part of natural growth and progression within an organisation.
This module is specially designed for any private or public sector professional handling records or information as part of his/her job responsibilities.
The module shall be delivered by way of:
- Group presentations
- Case studies
- Assignments & Tests