Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace (DIW)
Diversity is a big part of organizations and businesses and has been a high-profile issue since the late twentieth century — but much has changed in how we understand it.
This course explores diversity and inclusion in the workplace on many levels: How we define diversity and inclusion; the benefits and power of inclusivity; how to incorporate a diversity mindset into your organizational culture; and how to relate and communicate in a more collaborative and respectful way with everyone you interact with.
- Explain the business case for inclusion and diversity
- Describe how diversity goes beyond race, gender, age, and other observable differences
- Identify unconscious bias
- Leverage tactics to reduce bias
- Explain various anti-discrimination laws
- Develop an action plan to improve workplace inclusion and employee engagement
This module is specifically designed for supervisors, managers and team leaders.
The module shall be delivered by way of:
- Group presentations
- Case studies
- Assignments & Tests