International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS)
IPSAS has been developed to enhance the quality, consistency, and transparency of public sector financial reporting worldwide. Issued by the International Public Sector Accounting Standards Board (IPSASB), they are cash-based standards and accruals standards used for the preparation of general-purpose financial statements by governments and other public sector entities around the world.
This training course is intended to enable the participants to understand IPSAS and the framework for public sector accounting. The training course provides an overview of the most important requirements for preparing financial statements and disclosures under IPSAS, with specific insight.
- Identify how IPSAS will fit with their organization
- Unpack the rationale of introducing IPSAS
- Comprehend the core IPSAS values
- Explain the key differences in the new standards
- Recognize what compliant statements will look like
- Deploy key strategies for migration to IPSAS standards
- Set clear steps towards implementation
- Adopt IPSAS disclosure requirements, including accounting policies
This module is specifically designed for personnel working in public sector finance and accounting, professionals responsible for auditing or working with public sector, corporate directors and compliance officers.
The module shall be delivered by way of:
- Group presentations
- Case studies
- Assignments & Tests