Talent Management & Succession Planning (TMSP)
In this course, we discuss how to create value from an intangible asset that is measured as head count cost on the organizational balance sheet. We start with a brief overview of how Talent Management is more than a process of identifying high potentials for leadership development programs.
This leads to a conversation about how a large proportion of the employee population has unrecognized talent that is underutilized. Then, we explore how to put into place mechanisms to help employees explore, discover, and release their potential for the benefit of the organization. This course challenges the narrow focus of traditional talent management processes and provides practical steps line managers and Human Resource Managers can take to increase the utilization of human potential within their organization.
- Demonstrate understanding of talent management and succession planning concepts and the activities and tools involved.
- Understand how companies approach TM and SSP in reality and challenges faced by HR practitioners.
- Adopt a process to develop a talent management strategy.
- Analyse employee data to identify talent risks.
- Develop a workable succession plan.
- Put in place implementable talent development plans.
Anyone interested in human resources, management, leadership, or related fields.
The module shall be delivered by way of:
- Group presentations
- Case studies
- Assignments & Tests