Transport and Fleet Management (TFM)
Transportation costs can account for more than 70% of an organization’s supply chain costs. Thus, whether an organization’s goal is to meet personnel mobility needs or to execute the delivery of goods and materials, it is critical that it gets the transportation function right. In this course, we will look at the transportation function as a whole. We begin by outlining the prerequisites for effective fleet maintenance programs and workshops. The components of stringent fleet and driver safety programs are then described, and we experiment with various capital budgeting and distribution routing techniques. We conclude with a detailed explanation of key fleet performance indicators.
- State the objectives of fleet management and the role of the fleet manager
- Implement a fleet preventive maintenance program
- Determine requirements for efficient workshops
- Create fleet safety and driver selection programs
- Discuss how capital budgeting techniques can be used to perform vehicle replacement analysis
- Optimize distribution vehicle routes
- Write Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and measure performance of the fleet
This module is specially designed for fleet managers and coordinators, maintenance managers and supervisors, transportation planners, fleet safety managers and operations managers.
The module shall be delivered by way of:
- Group presentations
- Case studies
- Assignments & Tests